If you are on the look out for a property solicitor to manage the buying or selling of your home then you are probably wondering what you’re paying for and where your money will be going!
Costs will vary according to the price of the homes being bought and sold and what you will get is a comprehensive service that includes:
– Conducting vital searches with local authorities, utility companies and other bodies to ensure no future plans or financial liabilities on the property in question. For example, the searches will reveal if your property is in a flood-risk area, on a former landfill site or if there is a sewer running close to the property etc. The searches are there to ensure that you have the peace of mind that there are no significant concerns to stop the sale from taking place
– Giving you advice about incurred costs such as stamp duty so that you know what to expect.
– Crucially drafting and interpreting legal documents to ensure a good Title to the property.
– Liaising with your Mortgage Lenders currently on your sale property and your prospective Mortgage Lender on your new purchase property.
– Dealing with the Revenue and Customs on your behalf regarding Stamp Duty Land Tax.
– Arranging the payment of fees at the end of the transaction such as stamp duty and estate agency costs.
– Registering the new owners with the Land Registry
All of the above will incur fees for letters, phone calls, banking charges, insurance policy indemnity fees if required, Land Registry fees, contingency fees and fees for the conveyancer’s time.
At Anthony Stockton Solicitors it is our job to make the conveyancing process as smooth and hassle-free as possible so if you would like to find out more please do not hesitate to contact us.