A house purchase is an incredibly important investment and after finding your dream home, the next step is to arrange for its transfer from the seller to you. Conversely, completing the sale of your current house for the purpose of purchasing another needs to be done swiftly.
However, the process of transferring property – called conveyancing – is complicated, and it is recommended that you should enlist the services of a qualified and experienced legal practitioner.
Our conveyancing solicitors in Solihull are experts, ensuring property transactions are conducted as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
What does a conveyancing solicitor do?
A conveyancing solicitor will undertake and conduct the conveyancing process on your behalf and can also provide additional expertise in other aspects of the law such as what searches to be aware of the right questions to ask. Their main task is to ensure that the transaction follows a set legal process, and to deal with the finer details so you don’t have to worry.
To help you understand what services are provided, here are some of the tasks performed by a conveyancing solicitor:
- Request the property’s title deeds and provide a draft contract which, once approved by all parties involved, will be signed and exchanged with the buyer’s representative after discussing a completion date
- Find out the amount required to pay off an existing mortgage
- Ask all parties to check and approve the property information
- Pay off the existing mortgage and settle the estate agents’ account after receiving the balance of purchase money on completion day
- Hand over the transfer deed and title deeds to the buyer’s representative
- Tie up loose ends on completion day, for example: pay Stamp Duty Land Tax (if necessary), send the transfer deed to the Land Registry and a copy of the title deed to the mortgage lender
Using a conveyancing solicitor will help to ease the administrative and legal burden when it comes to purchasing a new home. After all, it is noted to be one of the most stressful events in life.
Conveyancing solicitors in Solihull
Our solicitors specialise in residential and commercial conveyancing services in Solihull and beyond. We help our clients to manage the purchase, sale and re-mortgage of homes and business properties.
If you would like help with any aspect of conveyancing, contact Anthony Stockton Solicitors by calling us on 0800 652 3737 or get in touch to request a free quotation.