ANTHONY STOCKTON COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
OUR COMPLAINTS POLICY
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
OUR COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
If you have a complaint, contact us with the details.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within three days of us receiving your complaint.
2. We will record your complaint in our central register and open a separate file for your complaint. We will do this within a day of receiving your complaint.
3. We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps.
■ We will pass your complaint to Mark Stockton, who is responsible for Client Care for our practice, within three days.
■ He will ask the member of staff who acted for you to reply to your complaint within 5 days
■ He will then examine their reply and the information in your complaints file. And, if necessary, he may also speak to them. This will take up to three days from receiving their reply and the file
4. Mark Stockton will then invite you to a meeting or if it is more convenient for you a telephone call and discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within three days
5. Within three days of the meeting or telephone call Mark Stockton will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Mark Stockton will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include his suggestions for resolving the matter, if this is at all possible. He will do this within fourteen days of completing the investigation.
6. If your complaint is about a matter that Mark Stockton is already dealing with then Mark Stockton will deal with the complaint as set out in steps 4 and 5 above and that process will take place within 14 days of our letter of acknowledgement being sent out to you.
7 At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806 Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ (tel 0300 555 0333 or email email@example.com) to consider the complaint. Normally you will need to bring the complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
ANTHONY STOCKTON SOLICITORS @ 01.08.2018