Hanging out your smalls might be illegal – What you need to know about a Restrictive Covenant
Posted on July 20, 2017

Buying a home or moving into a new home is reported to be one of the top three most stressful events that an individual can experience, but what happens when a restrictive covenant is added into the mix? Restrictive covenants are clauses often written into the small print of a lease or title deeds of a property or land and some of them are known to be years, if not centuries old. These constricting rules can be insignificant and may not appear to affect anyone on the surface such as keeping chickens on your land or hanging out your smalls…Read more..

Whether you’re buying or selling … get to grips with the EPC
Posted on June 13, 2017

Whether you’re about to buy or sell a property, you’ll know that there are some things you just have to do. If you’re buying, you’ll expect to pay out for a survey, solicitor’s fees and mortgage fees for starters. And if you’re selling, you’ll need to provide a HIP (Home Information Pack), and maybe use an estate agent and (definitely) a solicitor. But you’ll already know about these and be prepared for the costs to start mounting up.   You’ll also need to provide an EPC within the HIP if you’re selling (or renting out), and you should be provided…Read more..

Getting ready for completion day
Posted on May 4, 2017

This is the day that you’ve been patiently waiting for and it will be a mixture of excitement and apprehension because you are moving into a new home and starting a new chapter in your life. It is also the day that the money for the property is transferred and that you finally pick up the keys. It is completely natural to wonder what completion day will entail so here is a quick guide to help you get ready. Watch out for the pitfalls Sorry to start with a bit of a negative but it’s better to be forearmed and…Read more..

The impact HS2 will have on property prices
Posted on April 5, 2017

The HS2 scheme is a hot topic these days and the effects on the housing market and ultimately, housing prices will be interesting to monitor. HS2 will make the trip between London and Birmingham much faster and more convenient (around 45 mins) and it is believed that the scheme will bring rapid growth in property prices because the areas around the city will become more accessible for people coming from London and other areas. In addition, places like Banbury, Bicester and other countryside towns located north of the city of Oxford will be brought within commuting distance of the Chilterns,…Read more..